Saturday, February 27, 2010

Both layouts I have to share today are from a day trip my daughter Amy and her family took to the beach a couple of weeks ago.  I used the same kit with both of them--Safe Harbor from DaybreakScraps Designs.  The first layout shows Jonah standing in the water at the beach.  I found a poem from Irene Foster that just spoke to me about this photo--especially since Jonah just turned 4 this month.
The poem's title is When He's not Just Four and it says:

Now is the time to get things done . . .
Wade in the water, Sit in the sun,
Squish my toes in the mud by the door
Explore the world with a boy just four.
Now is the time to study books, Flowers, Snails,
How a cloud looks, To ponder "up,"
Where God sleeps nights,
Why mosquitoes take such big bites.
Later there'll be time To sew and clean
Paint the hall That soft new green,
To make new drapes, refinish the floor,
 Later on . . . when he's not just four.


I love it!  :)  and I love this photo!
The other layout shows the boys playing in the lines from the old ship they ventured to board!  It looks like the boys had a good time that day.

5 comments:

Pamela said...

Beautiful work!

Marlene said...

These are GREAT layouts! Love them!

Anonymous said...

Love these!

Anonymous said...

Love these!

Stephanie said...

the poem is perfect, and the picture on that layout is wonderful! love it!