Saturday, August 14, 2010

It has been a wonderful summer in the desert this year!  We only had ONE really hot week--and wouldn't you know, it was the week the Colorado family were here visiting!  We had fun in spite of the heat and humidity.  We had another week that we had a lot of smoke from a forest fire not far from here too.  It got pretty close to my son's home, but thankfully, the firefighters extinguished it before it got that far!  He had a lot of soot and dirt in his pool and around the property, but no other damage, for which we are so Thankful!!

I've been working on Creative Team layouts and having a great time taking an online class with Tiffany Tillman.  I'm a little behind, though, and hope to catch up this weekend. 

I have a few layouts to share today. 
Whoops, my "few" ended up to be ten, and I have more--but I'll save them for the next time!!
For the Beach BBQ layout, I used a new kit called Summer Remnant from Mandy King that you can find at Scrappity Doo Dah.  The layouts Beach Girls and Fishing trip came from a kit called Shark Tails from Bean Bunny Designs at Digiscrapbookmania.com.  That was quite a fun kit to play with!!  I used a fun template from MandyMade on the Fishing trip layout.  The BEWARE layout is the cutest little Pirate you ever did see!!  These photos were from last Halloween down at Debbie's house.  Amy and Scott and the boys were there too, and we all had a great time together. I used a new collab kit by Wyld Web Designs, MandyMade, and Pretty in Green called Say No to Pirates that you can find at Gingerscraps.net.  First Eats was made with a kit from Paste Optional called Vegetable Medley that is found at Plaindigitalwrapper.com.

Home school is very important in our lives.  All my children with school aged children homeschool.  And the one daughter with pre-school children is starting pre-school homeschool  this coming week.   The kids are looking forward to it--as long as "mommy" stays mommy and doesn't turn into only a "teacher."  Noah got a little confused and thought if Amy was his teacher, she wouldn't be Mommy anymore!  :)  Anyhow, for the homeschool layout, I used a kit called School is Cool from Kathy Winters.  The title came from a matching kit of word art--also from Kathy Winters.  You can find those kits at Scrappity Doo Dah.

The layouts Jacob and Little came from the same cute kit!  I love the banners--even though they are "trendy" and normally trendy isn't my style!  I used a kit from Sweet Tomato Designs called Findley that can be found at Polkadotplum.com.  The kit is pretty versatile!  I also used one of Sweet Tomato Designs templates for the Jacob Layout, and a template from the template challenge for the Little layout.

If Only layout I also used a template.  This one was from JennCK.  The kit I used for that layout was called Social Butterfly, and it was made by Starving Artist Designs!  She's been on a roll this past couple of weeks with the new kits!!  Little Boys Yard work was from a kit by Jen Martikas from 2 peas in a bucket.  The name of the kit is Woodsy!  It was a fun kit, and Jen sent it to me as a "thank you" for guesting for her CT in July.  What a sweet gesture!!  I love her kits-they are always fun to work with.  Thank you Jen!

For the Summer Vacation layout I used a kit called Cora from Pampered Princess at PolkadotPlum.com.
I picked that kit to work with because Cora was my grandmother's name!  And it was also a fun kit to play with!  It went well for a summery feel to the girls photos! 

That is all I have time to post right now--I hope to get caught up soon!!
Thanks so much for looking!  I appreciate you all.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow you got a lot done! And I can't believe you have more that weren't posted this time. That is fantastic! My fav was probably the LO title 'Little', love the pink with the banner. Very cute and girly. But they all look really good!