Friday, May 28, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend starts today!  I hope you all have a safe and wonderful time.  Don't forget the reason for the "Memorial" part!  We truly have been blessed by the sacrifice of others.  I remember when I was a child, I'd take trips to the Port Huron area of Michigan with my grandmother and Aunt Marie.  We'd go and decorate a bunch of graves of people I never knew, but knew those people had served our country with honor and valor.  We put little American Flags and flowers on those graves.  My aunt and grandmother shared wonderful stories of those relatives that served so willingly.  I just wish now that I could remember all those wonderful stories.
God Bless our servicemen and women.

Forty five years ago today I started a new adventure in my life.  It was one of the most rewarding and challenging adventures God gave to me!  Today is my son's birthday.  He turns 45 years old.  He's such a sweet man, and I'm so proud of him.  He's a wonderful husband and father.  We'll be celebrating with him later today.  He shares a birthday week with his oldest son Adam who turned 14 earlier this week!  Adam is also someone to be proud of.  He's a sweet and loving boy--a real treasure.  Happy Birthday Boys!!  And Thank you God for this adventure into motherhood, and now into grandmother-hood!  I'm loving the journey.

I have a couple of layouts to share today.  The first is from a combination of kits by Kerry Stewart called Candy Apple, bunny tales, and I also used her Curvalicious Clipping masks.  Love those things!!  :)   The second is from a revamped kit called The Earth Laughs in Flowers.  I loved the original kit, but the revamped kit is just wonderful!!  This kit is from Graham Like the Cracker.  She also has some exciting new things happening!  She has been guesting at ScrapMatters for the month of May, and has been asked to stay on permanently!  and she's adding another store too!  She's opening at Gotta Pixel on June 5th!  She's really excited about both of these things, and I'm excited for her.  Her designs are so nice!  Be sure to check them out at both stores.

Anyhow, here are my layouts!  The Blessings of a baby is from the Kerry Stewart collection!  This is Hopie when she was a tiny baby.  Now she'll be 5 in September, and insists she's BIG--She's such a kick!!  :)
Then the Happy boy is from the Kit by Graham Like the Cracker.  This is Jonah--before he turned the big 4 he is now!!  :)  He's such a beautiful boy!




I love these photos of him.  The sun flair behind his head makes him look like an angel--haha!!  He's a sweet boy, but maybe not an angel!!  He IS a very friendly boy.  He loves to talk to strangers.  He'll tell them his life story, and that of all of his family while you are just walking by!!  :)

1 comment:

Jennifer Beason said...

Adorable layouts!