Monday, May 02, 2011

Here I am!  Ready to blog.  I've been pretty busy, and I love it!  It's been keeping my mind off my daughters family that lives in Tennessee.  They've had some pretty bad weather there over the past week or so, and I'm trying not to worry!  I know God is in control, I just like to hear that my kids and grandchildren are safe.  Praise be to God, they ARE safe! 

I have a few layouts to share this evening.  The first one is a remembrance of my maternal grandmother--Grandma Pettibone.  She died when I was about 10 years old, but I still remember all the fun I had with her.  She taught me how to play poker when I was 3 or 4 years old.  She thought she was teaching me rummy!  My mother about had a heart attack when she saw her little kid playing poker with her mom! 
The first place I remember my grandmother living was in a fancy house.  I didn't realize she lived in "the maids quarters."  She wasn't the maid--she just rented the little efficiency apartment from the owners of the house!  I think she was the happiest when she lived there.  Anyhow, here is my layout--it talks about picking strawberries with Grandma.
I used a great kit from Snap Wings called Angels Around.  You can find it here:  http://digitalscrapcafe.com/cafe/product.php?productid=18961&cat=0&page=1.

Another layout I'd like to share is of my little grandson.  He's such a cutie, and growing so big!!  He's five now ya know!  :)  I used a kit called Funshine from Spinky Dink designs found here:  http://www.polkadotplum.com/shoppe/product.php?productid=19087&cat=0&page=1

Isn't he just the cutest?  I'm hoping that someday, long after I'm in Jesus' arms, that this little guy, and the rest of my grandchildren will have fond memories of me like I do of my grandmother.  It's harder these days to have these close relationships, as families are spread around the country!  My grandma lived a bit closer to us!  I am thankful for that wonderful relationship I had with my grandma.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you'll stop by again sometime soon!  May God Bless you!

No comments: