Thursday, April 21, 2011

It is SPRINGTIME in the desert!  The flowers blooming, and we've had some glorious days.  I'm trying to spend some time outside each day because the day will come very soon when it will be too hot to be outside!!  We'll turn on the cooler, and pretty much hibernate until fall comes!  Our outings will be in the early morning before it gets hot, or way after the sun goes down, after it cools down a bit!  The summer winds will blow and everybody will complain about the heat and the wind, but I've come to enjoy the wind.  I always tell my friend that the wind is our friend!  Without the wind, the heat would be unbearable at times!!
Easter is this Sunday.  Our church is having a church-wide breakfast before service on Sunday.  Earl has been practicing the music for a month or so!  I wish you all a great Resurrection Day.  Praise the Lord for all He has done for us.
I have a few layouts to share today while I'm here.  The first is  Cheesy smile!  The photo is of my sweet grandson Noah.  This is his Picture Smile.  I'm not sure who ever made up picture smiles, but
his is pretty cheesy!!  I used a kit called Happy Easter by Algena that you can find at Scrappity Doo Dah! 
The next layout is of another grandson named Jonah!  His mom started preschool at home with him last September, and he's learned so much!  He really enjoys the messy part--just like a boy huh?  This photo was taken the first week of school when they were studying the letter "A" and he was using his hand to paint an apple tree.  This A week was full of ADVENTURES.  They ATE APPLES, made APPLE sauce, and had lots of fun!!  They even watched the movie Johnny APPLESEED!  Jonah has made AMAZING progress since September, and he eagerly awaits each weeks additions!
I used Polkadot Pixels kit Penmanship and her Grungy Grocery Bag kits that you can find at twopeasinabucket.com!  And another kit you can find at 2 peas is Lil' Moa's Diary by Edeline Marta, and that is the kit I used for this layout of still ANOTHER grandson, Micah when he was a few years younger than he is now!
I love the new collab by Marshmella Designs and HK Designs called Hello Sunshine!  It's a wonderful kit, and I'm sure I'll use it over and over again.  Although you can buy the kit separate from the bundle, the bundle gives you everything including the templates!  It's great!  And the colors are so sweet.  You can find this at Godigitalscrapbooking.com and at Gingerscraps.net.  This is my daughter and her three little guys! 
 The last layout for today is of my middle daughter's family.  She has two daughters and a son.  The name of this layout is Then There Was Three.  I used the great kit Deep Love the bundle by Snap Wings found at Digital Scrap Cafe.   I looked for photos that were of the children at about the same age.  I made a template for this layout, and it is featured for the Template Challenge at Digital Scrap Cafe starting on April 22!  Don't forget to stop by and participate.  You can earn a participation  coupon to the store!!
Thanks for stopping by today.  Be sure to worship your Lord this weekend!  It will enhance your life.  Stop in again real soon!  May God Bless YOU and yours!

No comments: