Friday, June 15, 2012

Oh gosh!  Blogger has changed since I was here last!!  I hope I can figure this out!  I've been gone for quite some time.  We've had a busy spring.  We traveled to Colorado the end of April just about 5 or 6 days before our daughter gave birth to our new grandson!  They named him Joseph Earl, and he's really a little sweetie.  We stayed in Colorado almost all of May and really got to know him well.  We had fun with the other kids too!  We finally came home the last week of May, just in time to celebrate our son's and grandson's birthday back in California. 

I've been busy since getting home just trying to to catch up!  We came home to summer in full swing.  We're so thankful for our evaporative coolers!!  

To get down to business now, I'm going to try and keep up with my CT's posts here on the ol' blog!  I'll start off with a new kit from Snap Wings called Magic Travels!   It's a great kit, full of travel related elements, clouds, and beautiful colors!  Here is the preview and you can find it here.
For my layout, I used a poem I found online!  It was about how God made the world out of his Dreams, and really fit the feeling I got out of this kit, and the sweet photos of my grandson and his daddy exploring God's world in my back yard this past spring.  My grandson is very curious, and loves to go on new adventures, and find new things.  He's a sweet boy, and I can't believe he is already six years old! 
Besides the beautiful kit from Snap Wings, I also used a CU template from Colie's Corner.  I'm so amazed at these wonderful designers and the beautiful things they create! 
I love the poem I found online!  The author is unknown--but the poem says:
God made a world out of his dreams,
Of wondrous mountains, oceans and streams,
Prairies and plains and wooded land,
Then paused and thought,
"I need someone to stand on top of the mountains
To conquer the seas, explore the plains and
Climb the trees, someone to start small and grow,
Sturdy, strong like a tree." and so...
He created boys, full of spirit and fun,
To explore and conquer, to romp and run,
With dirty faces, banged up chins
With courageous hearts and boyish grins.
When He had completed the task He'd begun,
He surely said, "That's a job well done.
So, that is my post for today!  I hope to see you again sometime soon.  Thanks so much for stopping by.  May God bless you!!

No comments: