Sunday, March 07, 2010

I have a few layouts to share from another kit from Designs by Ashlee.  This one was called A GUYS THING!  As the name suggests, it was made specifically for the guys.  You guys know me well enough to know I LOVE a CHALLENGE, so although one of the layouts is definitely BOY oriented, the other two show the feminine side of that kit!  I'll let you decide which is which!  haha!
The journaling for the Girly Girls layout says:  Journaling says: Growing up in Southern California is definitely a LOT of fun--especially if you can share that experience with sisters!

The Journaling for the Essential Tools layout says:  Jonah LOVES helping daddy with anything that needs fixin! And even with things that don’t need it!!

My third layout with this kit was actually the first GIRL layout I did, but originally I made it with the bracket frame in metal as it is in the kit.  To me, it gave the girls a "too hard" look.  So, I used the metal frame as a clipping mask, and put one of the nice bright papers on it, and now I think it has a better "girls" look!   See how versatile this kit is??  :)  I love the little metal leaves though!  On this layout, I also used a template from Cathja Designs.  I think I've mentioned that I love templates.  Speaking of TEMPLATES--watch for a fun announcement soon!!  :) 
The journaling for this third layout says:  What to do with girls?  Well, these girls are quite busy with school
church, and family activities.  They are all excellent students.  They work hard to maintain their grades, but they don’t hesitate to take on special projects.  They also find time to help mom around the house. Mom certainly is lucky to have them around!!  They take turns with the household chores!  Each week or so they switch up the tasks so they all get a chance to try out the other jobs!  That way they learn all the ways to
help out! 


2 comments:

Casey Wright said...

These are beautiful Deanna! - love the bright cheerful colors!

Jen said...

oh I like! especially the second one. that frame of screws is awesome. Love your layouts!