Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Oh my poor little forgotten blog!!  I've been preparing for Christmas, and just haven't had time to post.  Will try and do better in the New Year.  I have several layouts to share that I've completed since my last post!  I'm still working on my Christmas album.  It's been a lot of fun to revive old memories.  My first layout to share is about wrapping the presents!  :)
The journaling says:  We took one day and wrapped all the gifts. We use the old knife to cut the paper. The knife was a wedding gift to my mother so many years ago. Wrapping with any other knife just wouldn't seem the same. 
I think my mom and dad were married in 1939, so that knife is OLD OLD OLD--even older than the hills!  (My maiden name was Hill!)


The next layout was inspired by a challenge at 2 peas.  It was for the Flashback Friday challenge to scrap a favorite Holiday movie or a tv show.  My choice of show wasn't a problem, but finding images was!  I resorted to the Internet and googled the title, then looked for images.  I love the results!

The journaling says:  Oh my gosh. When I was a little girl I loved to sing about the famous red-nosed reindeer! I loved it so much, in fact, that I sang it at a Mother's Day dinner at my Aunt's church--I was probably about 3 years old then! I've heard that everybody thought I was darling, but I can imagine that my poor mother was probably embarrassed by my festive solo! The Internet says the movie debuted in 1964--which was the year I married! We didn't have any little ones until the following Christmas, but I'm sure we watched it even without little ones (After-all, we watch it NOW without little ones!) I remember watching it with my own little guys when they were small--and when they weren't so small. So many of our happy memories surround the Christmas season. Now it's so much fun sharing those memories with the next generation. The grandchildren have the same magic look in their eyes as my children did when they watch Rudolph!
I used a freebie blog template and a kit from BellaGypsy called Jolly Old Elf for this layout!

The next one has no journaling!!  :)
It's just an up to date photo of the three of us!!  Have I told you how much I love this time of the year (I'm sure I have!).  I have to watch it though!  It's so easy to get caught up in all the preparations and forget the Reason for the season, and NO, it's NOT the Winter Solstice!  I heard that on the TV the other day and it just made me sad that some people actually believe THAT is the REASON!  I'm sad for their choice for their eternity.  And yes, there IS an eternity.  It's up to each of us to CHOOSE where we spend that eternity.  I hope you've all chosen the right path. Enjoy the season, but remember the REASON!  :)

2 comments:

Pamela said...

Love your layouts! And it is such a busy time of the year, it's a wonder any of us have time for blogging. :) Merry Christmas!

Lorell said...

These are all great, but I confess I love the one that documents the old TV shows. Dh and I have been watching Rudolph, Santa, and Nester the Long eared donkey with the kids...so nostalgic.